- All products are added to your cart.
Paracord Mill Spec Type III 550 Coyote Brown - MiL-C-5040H
Tan 499 Paracord 550 MIL-C-5040H Type III (circa 3,8 mm)
This Mil-Spec Paracord is 100% compliant with the Military Specification Mil-C-5040H. Mil-Spec indicates that a product has been designed to meet the essential technical requirements of the US Department of Defense. It describes the manufacturing process and raw materials that are used to produce Military-Grade Paracord. Mil-Spec Paracord must go through rigorous testing, from raw materials to the final product, in order for it to be certified for U.S. Military use.
When you have a critical application and only the best will do, choose this Mil-C-5040H Military-grade Paracord instead of our standard commercial-grade Paracord.
- The main difference between “Mil-Spec” and regular “Commercial” Paracord is in the quality control and type of internal yarns used.
- Mil-C-5040H requires that each of the core Strands are made up of 3 twisted ply Strands.
- The core contains a coloured Manufacturer ID marker for identification proposes
- Mil-C-5040H - Paracord 550 Type III
- Approximate Diameter: Ø 3,8 mm
- Weight: 6,6 gram per meter
- Certified Minimum Tensile Strength: 250 kg (550 lbs)
- 100% High Quality Nylon Yarns
- Sheath structure: 32 Strands
- 7 core strands each made up of 3 twisted strands
- Rope Construction: Kernmantle
- Manufacturer ID Marker: Yellow/Black
- Density: 1.14 g/cm³ (does not float)
- Approximate Melting point: 265° C
- Approximately Elongation at break (stretch): 30%
- Mildew & Rot Resistant: Excellent
- UV Resistant score (0-5 rating scale): 4
- When wet Nylon does lose 10-15% of it's breaking load
- Approximate Water Absorption: 5-10%
- Washable at 30 °C (Vivid colors more proon to bleed)
- Made by a Certified U.S. Government Contractor
IMPORTANT: Not suitable as a climbing rope!
Note from our Manufacturer:
"Our ability to meet Mil-Spec standards for braided cords is a reflection of our internal standards and our constantly expanding engineering and manufacturing capabilities. From our knowledge of raw materials and their properties, to our traceability processes for every step of manufacturing, we are able to provide finished goods with consistent superior quality"