- All products are added to your cart.
UST Starflash Micro Signal Mirror
UST's StarFlash Signal Mirror creates a powerful and precise signal. Being lightweight, virtually indestructible 100% Lexon polycarbonate material, buoyant, and the built-in precision targeting star make the StarFlash Signal Mirror best in class. Aim your signal directly on the desired surface for vital communication between camps or trying to catch someone's attention for an emergency signal. Naturally signal mirrors work best on a clear day with strong sunlight, but the StarFlash works on an overcast day, using a flashlight, or even strong moonlight.
Features and Specifications:
- 100% Lexan polycarbonate (virtually unbreakable)
- Vacuum deposition metallization surface coating
- Targeting star made of retro reflective encapsulated bead fabric
- Creates visible signal from a flashlight, bright moonlight, even on overcast days
- Signal accuracy with built-in aiming system
- Lifetime limited warranty (from manufacturer)
- Weight: .6 oz. / 17.01 g
- Length: 2 in / 5.08 cm
- Width: 1.5 in / 3.81 cm
- Select an area as open as possible with a clear view of the sky and, if possible, the horizon.
- Stand facing toward the sun or other light sources.
- Reflect light from the sun or light source onto on a nearby surface making sure your hand does not block the light source to the mirror surface.
- Slowly bring the mirror to your eye.
- Look through the star at the reflected light on your hand or other surface. A bright glowing spot will show on the star - this is the aim indicator.
- Hold the mirror close to your eye, still looking at the aim indicator, slowly turn and angle the mirror until you "place" the aim indicator on the object you wish to flash.