- All products are added to your cart.
Morakniv Classic Wood Splitting Draw Knife
This is a updated design of Mora's traditional Swedish sturdy, two-handed draw knife used for planing wood. The blade is beveled on both sides to help keep a nice even cut and not dig into and bind up in the wood, like a single-beveled chisel would. The handles are longer but not too wide, and offer a secure grip for a variety of hand sizes. The blade runs the full length of the red-stained handle on both ends, and one handle features a small eyelet so you can hang this up. There is no sheath, just a small plastic strip that pressure fits over the blade edge.
Below are the detailed measurements of this knife. One important note: for best comfort and grip, the length of your middle finger should be similar to the circumference of the handle.
- Blade Material: high carbon steel
- Knife Length: 13.75 inches (34.9 cm)
- Blade Length: 4.5 inches (11.4 cm)
- Blade Width: 0.91 inches (2.3 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.09 inches (2.3 mm)
- Knife Weight: 5.5 ounces (156 grams)
- Handle Length: 4.5 inches (11.4 cm)
- Pommel: tang end
- Handle Circumference: 3.75 inches (9.5 cm)
- Handle Material: stained birch wood
- Sheathed Weight: 5.5 ounces (156 grams)
- Sheathed Length: 13.75 inches (34.9 cm)