- All products are added to your cart.
Casstrom Lars falt Knife Curly Birch
The Casstrom Lars Fält knife is a fixed blade bushcraft knife designed by outdoor legend Lars Fält. He has been a widely respected expert on bushcraft and survival for many years. He has written many books and has been providing training in the outdoors for many years.
The blade of the Casstrom Lars Fält knife has a traditional drop point shape. This allows you to use the point well when woodworking. The edge is scandi cut. This is also optimal for woodworking and it is very easy to sharpen.
The blade is made from Uddeholm Sleipner steel: This steel has the same good qualities as the old reliable Böhler K720, but with 8% Chromium so it has more resistance to staining / rusting.
Uddeholm Sleipner tool steel with a high carbon content to make the knife durable for hard-handed use, such as batoning and chopping.
The steel properties, along with the Scandinavian cut, make the blade of the Casstrom Lars Fält knife robust, while still being easy to handle and simple (with a small flat sharpener) to sharpen in the woods.
The full-tang construction, meaning that the blade extends all the way across the full width and length of the handle, makes the Lars Fält knife very durable.
Even if the handle is damaged in some way, the knife can still be used without problems.
However, it is important to oil the knife well after use: Sleipner is not completely rustproof.
The handle of the Casstrom Lars Fält knife is made of beautiful Curly Birch. That is birch root wood. Casström has stabilized this wood to make it as durable as possible. A black liner has been placed between the wood and the handle. This looks nice and at the same time it absorbs tensions and blows between the handle and the blade.
As you would expect from Casström, the handle is also very ergonomically designed. It fills the hand well and offers enough curve and grip to work comfortably for a long time. The blade is quite long in relation to the handle. This allows you to baton slightly thicker stems and branches without the blade becoming too long.
To carry the Casström Lars Fält knife safely with you, a sturdy leather sheath is included. This has a belt loop for belts up to 6 cm.
Warranty on material and workmanship defects 25 years
- Strong tool steel
- Durable in hard-handed use such as batoning, chopping etc.
- Due to the high toughness of this knife, the cut will bend rather than break which is a desirable feature for an outdoor knife
- Scandinavian cut.
- Easy to cut with and easy to sharpen.
- Stylish and durable handle in selected finely curled birch wood-.
- Very reliable for both general bushcraft use and long expeditions.
- A very sturdy Bushcraft knife from Casström designed together with Bushcraft and survival expert Lars Fält.
- The knife is very versatile and ideal for general outdoor activities and longer expeditions.
- Overall length: 23 cm
- Blade length: 11.5 cm
- lade width: 2.9 cm
- Blade thickness: Approx. 3.5 mm
- Weight: 185 g
- Steel: High carbon tool steel Uddeholm Sleipner
- Hardness: 59-60 HRC
- Cut: Scandi cut
- Handle: Curly Birch with Black liners
- Sheath: Deep falling sheath from solid tanned leather
- Brand: Casstrom